Since the last time I posted about my Boracay trip in Summer 2010, I would also like to share some other places that I was privilege to visit from 2010-2011.
HongKong is a 2-hour flight from Manila. Getting to HongKong is easy as daily flights are available. Ticket promos are abundant. Just check-out Cebu Pacific's website.
Finding hotels/accomodations is also easy, thanks to Booking.com (for deals and discounts) and Tripadvisor.com sites. I rely so much on the latter, as I must admit I am very particular with accommodation in terms of cleanliness, comfort, budget and location.
Month of May is Spring season and a good-time to visit the country in my opinion, where the weather is not yet too warm.
See the images for some of the scenes that I encountered while in HongKong:
Just outside the arrival area for CebuPac flights, HK Int'l Airport.
Double-decker bus at HK International Airpot. It can take you anywhere in the island. Just make sure to get tickets for the right route.
I don't really recall this place but this must be the highway going to Lantau. HK Int'l Airport's located in Lantau, which is about an hour drive away from Kowloon.
HongKong Harbour. The Laser Dancing Lights Show is a must-see at night. I don't have a picture of it unfortunately.
A glimpse of an oriental-looking boat, called 'Junk', crossing the harbour.
Kowloon business district at a glance.
The harbour during foggy-night time.
Hawkers or stalls selling street food along Temple Street. Travellers with a flair for gastronomic adventure can them out.
All-sorts of food on sticks, from fish & squid balls, shrimp balls, dumplings, etc. Something amazing about their food, they have a distinct smell that I find unappetizing. ;-) Even their steamed rice has a smell! My brother tricked me into eating one of those sticks by telling me he bought them at a local convenience store hehehe when in fact they were bought from the street vendor. They taste good after all ;-)
HK Disneyland entrance to the castle.
Believe me, most of these musicians are fellow-kababayans.
Minnie & Mickey Mouse on the float, HongKong Disneyland
Snow White's 7 dwarfs are among many of the Disney characters on parade on the Main Street, HK Disneyland.
Aerial view of Ocean Park, Hongkong.
Cable car experience, Ocean Park, HK.
To be continued...

No comments:
Post a Comment